- Catherine Elizabeth Middleton better known as Kate Middleton was born on January 9, 1982 at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading.
- Kate Middleton was raised in Bucklebury. Her schools were St Andrew's School in Pangbourne, Downe House in Thatcham, and Marlborough College in Wiltshire.
- Like Prince William, Kate Middleton studied History of Art at St Andrews University (although the Prince switched to geography). Kate gained a 2:1. Before that Kate went to St Andrews school in Pangbourne, and Downe House girls' school in Berkshire, where she was bullied. At 14 Kate went to Marlborough College.
- Kate is the eldest child of Michael and Carole Middleton of Bucklebury, Berkshire, who have a business called Party Pieces. Mrs Middleton used to be an air stewardess. Kate has two siblings: James, and also Pippa Middleton.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William shared a town-house in Fife together with two others whilst studying. According to The Scotsman's article, Who Should William Woo, Kate's father felt that the media were making too much of Kate's friendship with the Prince: "People do not seem to realise that there are two girls and two boys sharing the flat at the university. They are together all the time because they’re the best of pals - and yes, cameramen are going to get photos of them together. But there is nothing more to it than that. We are very amused at the thought of being in-laws to Prince William, but I don’t think it is going to happen."
- When she was 21, Kate Middleton walked down the catwalk in her underwear for a student fashion show.
- At school, Kate excelled in hockey and tennis. She also enjoys skiiing and has been on several skiing holidays with Prince William and other royals.
- After University, Kate Middleton became a fashion accessories buyer at Jigsaw, which is owned by her friends John and Belle Robinson, however, as reported by our page with more information on Kate Middleton, she left in November 2007.
- In December 2006, Prince William was commissioned as an officer in the British Army and it was the first time that Kate Middleton was Prince William's guest at a public event attended by the Queen.
- Often the press compared Kate Middleton favourably with Prince Harry's girlfriend, Chelsy Davy. For example, Barbara Ellen in The Observer on royal relationships.
- In March 2007, Kate Middleton accused the Daily Mirror of harassment. It was her first complaint to the Press Complaints Commission. In The Guardian report on Kate Middleton's complaint, it mentions: "The Sun's royal photograph, Arthur Edwards, let slip ... that Prince William had told him that he would marry Ms Middleton, his girlfriend of four years, but not for several years."
On April 14, 2007 it was announced that Prince William and Kate Middleton had split up. However, on 6 July 2007 The Sun reported that the pair had rekindled their romance and that Prince William and Kate Middleton were 'closer than ever'.
- In August 2007, The Sun reported that Kate Middleton and Prince William were spending time alone on Desroches Island in the Seychelles.
- There is lots more information on Kate Middleton on our continuation page.